Glittering Urban Gardens and MRT Connectivity
Spread across a generous 17-acre land in the heart of Kota Damansara, Tropicana Gardens is a unique integrated development where each element is designed to elevate contemporary living at every level. The master plan comprises a wholesome mix of a shopping mall, a hotel, residences and offices, nestled within its unique urban gardens.
Whilst having a beautiful backdrop of the lake and Seri Selangor Golf Club verdant greens, Tropicana Gardens is located within the mature Kota Damansara neighbourhood, connected to various highways and amenities. Accessible will be further enhanced when the Surian MRT station connected to the development is operational by end of 2016.
Stay connected to life at Cyperus Serviced Residences, the latest launch of Tropicana Gardens. Off¬ering studios, 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom units with built-up ranging from 600 sf to 1,404 sf, these thoughtfully designed spaces offer modern layouts and come fully furnished. Savour your leisure time at the multitude of sports, wellness and lifestyle amenities over 2 generous facilities floors, designed to soothe your body and mind.
Coupled with the unbeatable convenience of a direct connection to the Surian MRT Station, Cyperus is the place you have always wanted to come home to for the comfort of living.
- Direct connection to Surian MRT Station, which will be operational by end 2016.
- An “all-in-one” mixed integrated development comprising of a shopping mall, MRT connection, urban gardens, four residential towers, a proposed hotel and a proposed office component.
- Sitting atop a 1 million sq ft shopping mall conceptualised by world-renowned retail architecture firm The Jerde Partnership. The shopping mall won the Best Retail Development Malaysia (2014/2015) category at the Asia Pacific Property Awards.
- Similar to Namba Parks in Osaka, there will be urban gardens with dynamic terraced gardens that gradually ascend levels and flow across the development and brought to live by canopies of trees, flowers, water features and outdoor terraces.
- The development promotes sustainability features as it aims to achieve GBI Gold Rating.
- First batch of sale comprise of units being sold fully-furnished, move-in condition (*It has been changed to unfurnished).
- Larger sized units have spectacular views of Seri Selangor Golf Club and lake.
- Extensive facilities over 2 floors of over 80,000 sf to fulfill your lifestyle needs.
Name : Cyperus Serviced Residences Phase : Tropicana Gardens Phase 3 Developer : Tropicana Indah Sdn Bhd (a member of Tropicana Corporation Bhd) Location : Kota Damansara, Petaling Jaya Property Type : Service Apartment Sch. H of HDA : Yes Tenure : Leasehold 99 years Land Area : 17 acres (whole development) No. of Blocks : One block of 39 storeys Total blocks: 4 blocks No. of Units : 406 units Total units: 1,155 units No. of Lifts : 6 passenger and 1 service lifts Unit Types : Type A: 601 sf (Studio) Type B: 601 sf (Studio) Type C: 600 sf (Studio) Type D: 1,398 sf (3-bedder) Type E: 981 sf (2-bedder) Car Parking Bay : Provided and allocated per unit 1 bay for studio and 2 bays for others Green Rating : GBI Gold Rating Price Range : – Fully Furnished: From RM739,000 – New Package: From RM608,000 Price Per Sq Ft : – Fully Furnished: Averagely RM1,267 psf – New Package: From RM1,010 psf Maintenance : RM0.44 psf, inclusive sinking fund Completion : December 2018
Corridor : Natural ventilation Ceiling Height : Floor to floor height – 3.1m (10 ft) Structure : Reinforced concrete Wall : Reinforced concrete / Brickwork Windows : Aluminium framed glass Entrance Door : Timber door Wall Finishes : Plaster and paint Wall tiles full height for all bathrooms Floor Finishes : Tiles for living, dining, kitchen, all bathrooms and yard Porcelain tiles for all bedrooms for Type A, B and C Timber flooring for all bedrooms for Type D and E Air Conditioning : Split unit piping provided Air-conditioning units provided for living and all bedrooms Water Heater : Points provided Water heater unit provided
Sales Gallery : Tropicana Gardens Sales Gallery Off Persiaran Damansara Indah, Tropicana Indah 47410 Petaling Jaya Selangor Tel / Hotline : +603-7880 0989 +6018-205 8188 Project Website : www.tropicanagardens.com.my
Events & Happenings
Tropicana Gardens: Just Bid It
Bidding Date: 1-10 Apr 2016
For more info, click on the image.
- Grand reception
- Residents’ lounge
Level 6: Recreational Promenade
- Basketball half-court
- Exercise station
- Landscaped garden
- Leisure pool
- Hammock pool
- Wading pool
- Swimming pool
- Oasis pool
- Pool side lounge
- Changing rooms
- Yoga deck
- BBQ and viewing terrace
- Multifunction / Party room
- Preparation area
- Children’s playground
- Children’s playroom
- Jogging path
Level 42: Sky Sanctuary
- Yoga deck
- Exercise terrace
- Outdoor dining
- Feature kitchen and private dining
- Sky lounge
- Reading lounge
- Sky terrace
- Roof garden
- Sky gym (Mezzanine Floor)
- Changing rooms
Since listed on Bursa Malaysia in 1992, Tropicana Corporation Berhad has pioneered resort-themed lifestyle in their developments with a DNA that set them apart. This DNA focuses on accessibility, connectivity, innovative concepts and designs, generous open spaces, amenities, facilities, multi-tiered security and quality.
With emphasis on customers’ needs, Tropicana has been innovating and redefining the art of living through the creation of their integrated developments by incorporating residential and commercial components to create thriving townships that are strategically connected.
Testament to Tropicana’s significant achievements that have raised their profile as a leading property developer, the company has been recognized as The Edge Malaysia Top 10 Property Developers 2014, as well as chosen to be the proud receipeint of The Edge Malaysia Notable Achievement Award.
GPS Coordinate: 3.149085,101.595159
Accessibility, Amenities & Infrastructure
- Walking distance to Sunway Giza and Sunway Nexis
- 5mins drive to St. Joseph’s Institution International School
- 10mins drive to IKEA Mutiara Damansara and The Curve
- 15mins drive to 1 Utama, Empire City and TTDI
- 25mins MRT ride to KL Sentral
- 35mins MRT ride to Bukit Bintang
- NKVE Highway
- LDP Highway
- SPRINT Highway
- Penchala Link
- Pedestrian walkway to Surian MRT Station, which will be operational by end 2016.
- Shuttle bus to bring shoppers to Tropicana Gardens mall (routes are yet to be confirmed).
- An underpass will be built at junction between Persiaran Surian and Persiaran Mahogani, part of the MRT works.
- Purpose-built Tropicana Gardens Underpass. Direct in and out from B2 mall car park; go in from Sungai Buloh direction, and exit carpark towards LDP direction.
- Road widening works in front of Tropicana Gardens development.
- Fibre optic backbone ready.
- Selangor Science Park 1 @ Kota Damansara
- Surian Industrial Park
- Nouvelle Industrial Park
- Sunsuria Technology Centre
- Sunway Giza and Sunway Nexis
- Encorp Strand Mall
- IKEA Mutiara Damansara
- IPC Shopping Centre
- The Curve Shopping Centre
- 1 Utama Shopping Centre
- Empire City Thematic Shopping Malls (Opening 2015)
School & International School:
- Sekolah Sri KDU (Primary and Secondary)
- Sri KDU International School
- Seven Skies International School
- The British International School of Kuala Lumpur
- HELP International School, Subang Bestari
- St. Joseph’s Institution International School, Tropicana (Opening 2016)
University & College:
- SEGi University Main Campus, Kota Damansara
- Twintech International University College of Technology
- KBU International College
- Tropicana Medical Centre
- KPJ Damansara Specialist Hospital
- KPJ Sungai Penchala Damansara Specialist Hospital (Opening 2018)
Leisure & Recreational:
- Seri Selangor Golf Club
- Tropicana Golf & Country Resort
- Selangor Polo Country Club
- Taman Rimba Riang, Kota Damansara
Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image!
View the embedded image gallery online at:
Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image!
View the embedded image gallery online at:
Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image! Click to open image!Click to open image!
View the embedded image gallery online at:
PTLM Guide is a general guideline that could be used by an investor to gauge the concepts and sustainability of any development. The key points are outlined here for easy reference. This enables an investor to evaluate his strategy of investment based on systematic set of criterias.
In this page, we do not publish specific scores achieved by this project for any of these criterias.
A. The Entry Facts
- Location, visibility and environment
Uniquely situated close to a variety of matured amenities, especially its own future large mall component, upcoming MRT, an international school, a university and golf clubs. High visibility from NKVE and Persiaran Surian.
- Distance to key locations and growth value of an address
Kota Damansara is becoming a matured address within the semi-affluent Damansara Corridor of Petaling Jaya.
- Concepts, architectural and practicality aspects
“80% percentile” integrated living concept is achievable. Work, live, play, shop and entertain. Urban greens are also emphasized with a beautiful view over lake, golf club and urban view.
- Density of development
Currently, a total of 1,155 units will be built over three phases and over 17 acres. The density of this development is still reasonable.
- Developer and branding
Tropicana Corporation Berhad is a well known local developer with established branding under the “Tropicana” brand.
- Price level and price comparison
At over RM1,000 psf, Tropicana Gardens is a price leader in the vicinity and a new price record amongst new residential launches in Petaling Jaya. We noted that this price level is comparable to some subsale prices in Kuala Lumpur downtown.
Here, it is marketed as a benchmark project given all the combination of factors, such as entire product mix, fully furnished package, MRT integration, the address of Kota Damansara and other unique selling points.
- Surrounding commercial, infrastructure, amenities, distance and accessibility
Kota Damansara is a highly commercialised suburb together with matured amenities. Dataran Sunway is a well known business address. Based on our computation, the MRT commutation time from Surian station to Bukit Bintang station would be around 35 minutes (10 stations away) and less than 25 minutes to KL Sentral. Some other efforts put in to alleviate the traffic congestion in the area are:
(1) An underpass at junction between Persiaran Surian and Persiaran Mahogani, part of the MRT works;
(2) Tropicana Gardens’ underpass. Direct in and out from B2 mall car park; go in from Sungai Buloh direction, and exit carpark towards LDP direction;
(3) Road widening works in front of development; and
(4) Shuttle bus to bring shoppers to the mall (routes are yet to be confirmed).
- Existing demographics
Kota Damansara is largely a mixed demographic area with a moderate purchasing power level.
- Presence of future catalystic projects
MRT will be opened more than 1 year ahead of the completion of Cyperus (Dec 2018). Many more future upclass developments in the Damansara Corridor will provide room for future appreciation.
- Continuity development
There will be another future phase of residences and a future office and hotel components. Tropicana Corporation Berhad is desired to make the office its future corporate headquarters.
- Land tenure
- Transit oriented development (if applicable)
Direct pedestrian link to Surian MRT Station.
- Integrated retail concept (if applicable)
Its integrated shopping mall with a NLA of 1 million sf is uniquely crafted to suit its future character as a premier neighbourhood mall and integrated development in Kota Damansara. The reason to this is because the mall is being planned to house a gourmet supermarket, a departmental store, a cineplex, an international food court, a fitness centre, a medium-sized exhibition centre, an outdoor entertainment/events hub, a kid’s adventure zone and a rooftop communal garden.
We like the urban gardens concept that mimic Namba Park in Osaka with dynamic terraced gardens that gradually ascend levels and flow across the development and brought to live by canopies of trees, flowers, water features and outdoor terraces. There will also be retail exposure overlooking the lake providing a comfortable environment for food and beverage outlets.
- Competitor risk – peer-to-peer product comparison against its vicinity
Its benchmark pricing in Kota Damansara significantly increases its competitor risk against other projects with lower price psf. Competition is relatively high from several upcoming projects such as Emporis Kota Damansara, LUMI Tropicana, Glomac Centro V, Empire City’s new phase, Sunway Kota Damansara’s future phase, Encorp Strand and other newly completed residences. Other projects closeby along the MRT Line are also major competitors.
B. Product Design Buy Factors
- Practical unit layout design
We noted generous considerations given to bedrooms, bathrooms and closet area. Layouts are standard efficient and AC ledge demarcated.
- Unit orientation
Majority of units face north and south orientation. The orientation for the larger-sized units face Seri Selangor golf/lake view as this would justify the condusiveness for families.
- Fittings and furnishings (if applicable)
Fully furnished with quality fittings. Majority of whitegoods are provided. No firmed up appliance brands were mentioned, though. Fully furnished residential-used service apartments are generally not too common in Petaling Jaya.
Note: From May 2015 onwards, buyers will purchase on partially furnished package only. Partially furnished package includes aircons and water heater only.
- Sufficiency of parking bay and carpark allocation
Reasonably 1 carpark provided for small units and 2 carparks provided for large units. This development is already integrated with MRT hence the reduced concerns on carpark adequacy.
- Design of corridor, corridor spaces and ventilation
Natural ventilation and a central lift lobby. A typical floor has 6 passenger lifts and 1 separated service lift serving 12 standard units. Over 39 residential floors. Waiting time is expected to be reasonable.
- Availability of proper refuse area
Available and enclosed away from the central lift lobby.
- Variety of facilities, green and open spaces
– Example: For families, children-friendly facilities are to be considered
Beach-like entrance to an Olympic-sized 50m swimming pool and three other types of pools – a luxury in Petaling Jaya. Two floors of facilities with over 80,000 sf and a total of 28 facilities. A variety of open gardens and jogging path. We like the Sky Sanctuary that catered for private functions and the duplex-like Sky Gym will overlook scenic views from the top of 42 floors!
- Reasonability of maintenance fees based on offered facilities over density
Slightly on the upper side, however, we noted that RM0.44 psf inclusive of sinking fund covered two floors of facilities with over 80,000 sf, a total of 28 facilities and a total of 406 units in this block.
- Impressive and modern façade
The façade is modern standard. The curvilinear façade of the mall is most eye-catching.
- Entrance statement, guardhouse, drop-off area and lift lobby
Grand drop-off area, lift lobby and space provided for residents waiting lounge.
- Security features and privacy design
Standard 3-tier security with 24-hour CCTV, 24-hour Guard patrolling and Access Card System.
- Other unique features (if applicable)
Residents may enjoy Seri Selangor Golf Club and lake view (rare greenery in PJ). It is an integrated mixed development with a 1 million sq ft shopping mall below, conceptualised by world-renowned architecture practice, The Jerde Partnership.
- Green rating or greening features (if applicable)
The development aims to achieve GBI Gold rating, a key sustainable feature in future developments.
C. Strategic Investment Process
- Equip with property market and personal finance knowledge.
- Identify your niche by studying close-by competing, similar and future products.
- Benchmark against competing product prices on PSF basis.
- Study potential commercial viability and retail catchment (for mixed development).
- Survey the level of occupancy in the neighbourhood.
- Survey existing demographic and resident profile in the vicinity.
Example: Close proximity to education hub may bring new demand year after year.
- Survey the current rental and subsale price from nearest comparison today.
- Forecasting by making estimated future rental assumption.
D. The Exit Strategy
- Ensuring personal finance capability to maintain the property for minimum of 5 years.
- Ensuring personal finance capability for renovation and value-added activities that will help to mitigate risk factors.
- Perform calculation of estimated rental yield for first year of occupancy.
- Forecasting by making estimated future subsale price.
- Determine profit from investment after settling outstanding loan amount.